Thursday, March 29, 2012

Since the re-beginning

Since I made the decision to get back on the wagon and start my road to healthiness again I have lost between half a pound and a pound a week.  Although this means that I have a long road to hoe, it means that I am getting there.  I am almost down to the where I was in September of 2009 when I was at my lowest weigh and my highest fitness level.  The best part of this whole process is that I am having fun doing it. 

I hit the gym during lunch 3 or 4 days a week.  Mixing it up between cardio and strength.  Right now I have been focusing a lot on my abs because honestly I WANT this tummy GONE!  I shouldn't blame it on the two c-sections that I have had because lord knows that this tummy was there before my two beautiful children came along.  But I would like everyone to see the tone muscles that are there underneath the pudge. ;)

I have been riding a lot but not as much as I would like.  This week was an off week for me with regards to the bike.  But that just means that next week I will come back stronger and harder.  I have a Monday night right to do and a Wednesday night ride to do.  Perhaps I might sneak in a Tuesday or Thursday night right as well.  We shall see. ;)  But I am still spinning.  I love spin class!  I am getting stronger and faster.  I burned more calories this week in 45 minutes than I have in any of the other classes that I have taken.  I keep improving and one day I might actually burn more than the guys in the class. Keep you fingers crossed for me!

We are still working on the food addiction.  I love food people.  LOVE IT!  I love to make it.  I love to eat it.  I love to look up new recipes on Pinterest.  I love to talk about it.  I LOVE IT!  But I need to find more food that makes me love my body more.  I am having a hard time with veggies at the moment.  I feel like I am not getting enough.  There have been many days in the last few weeks that I would go a whole day without eating ONE vegetable.  This just isn't good.  Not good for me or the family.  I have got to fix this stat!

Summer is right around the corner and I want to feel comfortable in a swim suit taking my kiddos to the beach.  Gotta kick it up a notch!  Who's with me?

2 comments:

  1. Always got your back here. Good luck and keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie - look up green smoothies on Pinterest. Try the one that sounds the best to you. Ignore the fact that the recipe calls for Kale or Spinach. When you read the recipes, focus on the other ingredients and pick a combination that sounds yummy. And add in the greens it calls for. You really don't taste them amidst the other ingredients. This is a GREAT way to get some greens down the hatch without really noticing that you have done so. Keep up the good work my friend. Maybe we'll end up on the same ride one of these days. ;)

    ReplyDelete