Tuesday, June 14, 2011

113 miles!

In one weeks time I rode 113 miles!  I am so excited.  :)  4 days of rides, 3 of those in a row.  This is definitely a good thing.  I am happy to be back out on the road.  I feel better, stronger and happier.  I have a long way to go to get back to the cycling strength that I had in September of last year but this is most certainly a step in the right direction.

Last night was just an added bonus and what put me over the 100 mile mark for the week.  I had a quick fit at D2 and was done in time to saddle up with the Mellow Monday ride.  A nice 18 miler, moderate speeds, no pushing the pace.  It was good to ride with friends that I haven't ridden with in months.  I accomplished some things last night on my bike that I haven't been able to do ever.  It was a thrill and the highlight of my day.

Having this new bike has ignited the flame in me to accomplish my goals that I set up for myself at the beginning of the year.  I welcome the challenge now and I want to push myself to see that nothing stops me from achieving! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment