Thursday, March 3, 2011

Discouraged

Just discouraged.  I feel like all the hard work that I am doing at the gym and eating healthy is not doing me any good.  I cannot lose the weight!!  I actually am gaining it back.  I have heard that it is muscle weight or water weight or that time of the month.... but I am just over it really.  I understand why people give up.

I started a food journal last week.  I did it for two days then the weekend arrived and haven't been back since.  The two days that I did the journal were really good.  I was able to keep the calories  under the recommended range and I was eating a lot of good food.  Trying like hell to keep my metabolism up.  This weekend I worked out a lot including a bike ride on Sunday.  But the weight didn't go down, it went up.  Which made me angry and I didn't go back to the food journal.

That is when it started to bring me down.  I work out at least 5-6 days a week.  I rotate between cardio, core and strength, but mostly cardio.  I average about 40 minutes a day at the gym.  If I don't get to the gym I work out at least 30 minutes at home.  Maybe I am not doing enough?  Maybe I still need to work on my food intake?  Maybe I just need to only drink water and eat saltine crackers?!  It really is bothering me.  I feel lazy when I sit down on the couch at night especially when I have a weight gain for the week.  My brain is telling me to get my fat butt up and doing something.  But my body is tired.  I know that I cannot work out all the time but maybe it would help. :(

I try to keep this journal upbeat and positive but today is just a not a good day.  I have been coached and given so many great ideas as to what I should be doing but I just don't think that it is enough.  Tomorrow is a new day, maybe it will be better.

1 comment:

  1. Change it up. Take it down a notch, go for a walk for a couple days. Might just do you good. Your body is trying to tell you something. Listen to it. Your going to get back on track.

    George

    ReplyDelete