Thursday, May 20, 2010

WWW Ride

It was a beautiful night for a bike ride. I was in such a bad mood yesterday that I knew that I needed to go! We started off with a pretty good sized group of riders. Skill levels ranged from advanced to newbie. The pace was pretty decent going out International and down Wayside but then it kicked up a few notches going down Sylvan Lake (max speed 25.7mph). At that point I was being dropped by the front group. I knew that I had tried to push myself too hard too fast especially since my legs are so very sore from my workouts this week. But I was able to catch back up at the the stop sign to regroup. I have finally come to the realization that I am not always going to be with the front group but I am a lot stronger than I used to be. I don't have to kill myself to keep up with the guys that have been riding for years in order for me to have a good time. On the ride back to the car I stayed with a very small group and had a great time. I even helped "coach" a new rider back. I was able to get out and spin my legs without dying. I still have an 18mph avg last night and felt wonderful when we hit the parking lot. :)

The speed and the strength will come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment