Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hump Day

I am very happy that it is wednesday. Only 2 more days this week and they are both half days at work. Then it is a long weekend ahead!

Workouts are going well I am still very sore but nothing that I cannot handle. Lots of sleep at night and tylenol are still my bestest friends. I am looking forward to getting on my bike tonight and riding. Hopefully I will be able to keep up tonight. Last week because I was so sore I had a hard time keeping the pace. ;) Tonight is going to be different!

Question to coach! I am going to have to leave early both Thursday and Friday. I will not be able to go to the gym. I don't have issues with doing my core workout and stretches at home especially since I have a stability ball but I will not have the eliptical machine. Suggestions for other forms of cardio. Bike on a trainer? Running? Walking? And for how long?

Food is going really well! I am starting to get the hang of it. I was a good girl this morning and brought all of my snacks and lunch so that I don't have to go out. But I do have a confession to make.... I want a soda! :) An ice cold Diet Dr. Pepper. I haven't had a soda in over a week and haven't really thought about it until today. OH and I have pretty much given up caffeine and coffee. I know that this will be a shocker to some of you but I have. Coffee really screws up my tummy and the caffeine I just don't need anymore. Go me!

2 comments:

  1. Annie... substitute a warm soak and a glutamine/arginine supplement to aid the body in it's repair mode. Tylenol can actually retard the healing process and make the sore feeling last longer. As with any supplements read up and check with you doctor first.

    For Thursday do some Trainer Intervals as follows:
    15 minute warm up
    10-15 reps of
    53/17 for 30 seconds HARD
    39/17 for 90 seconds Recovery
    15 minute warm down

    On Friday a 10 minute spin on the trainer and the core work routine will be perfect.

    As for the Soda... swing by the store and get yourself a six pack. Have one every couple days and enjoy. Without the little pleasures it's not going to stick.

    Coach David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done! :) Sounds great to me. Thanks Coach.

    ReplyDelete