Thursday, July 22, 2010

Big update

Where to start....

Two weeks ago today I went to the doctor only to find out that I had strep throat. Just lovely. I felt horrible. The most awful I hate felt in years. I was happy to have a diagnosis but I wasnt happy about the restrictions that it put on my body. It took me over a week to finally feel 100%. No riding for a week and very little exercise. I just couldn't do it! I felt exhausted with a sore throat and ear ache. I was a mess.

Fast forward to this past Monday. I was finally feeling 100% better. Ready to hit the ground running. I only have 2 more month to Assault so I have to get my butt in gear with my training program. I received an email from Coach that morning with my training schedule for the next 4 weeks. HOLY COW! A lot of cardio and endurance training. Treadmill and eliptical machines are going to be my torture chambers. :) I am going to riding a lot longer and harder as well. I am looking forward to that though. After being off the bike for so long I am happy to get back out there.

I have officially lost 14 pounds. I am very happy about that. Hopefully in the next 8 weeks I will be able to double that number if not triple it. My overall goal is to lost another 30 pounds. I would be a very happy camper if I am able to accomlish that. I know that it will take a lot of dedication on my part not only from an exercise standpoint but also from a diet standpoint. So far I am still doing really well with both. Gotta kick up the fresh fruits and veggies again. I slacked off while I was ill and still haven't gotten back full force.

Monday's workout

All core work. Took me a long time since I have been out of practice. But I felt surprisingly good.

Tuesdsay's workout

Lower body blast #2. Super sore from Monday's workout but I pushed through. The weights felt really heavy! The best part of the whole day was the stretch at the end.

Wednesday's workout
Cardio and upper body. Finally recovering from Monday's workout but the legs were uber sore from Tuesday. In my sick little twisted mind I knew that being sore was a good thing. Building up that muscle that I surely need. I was able to complete a 5k in 30 minutes on the elipitcal machine and that made me smile like a little girl.

Wednesday's ride
It was really nice to be back on the bike. It was awfully hot but there is something about being with a group of friends riding. You forget almost that it is 95 degrees outside. We had a really great time. Ended up breaking off into a really small group, Glenn's bitches! LOL We averaged 17.4 mph for 18 miles. The wind was swirly and was always in our face. I felt awesome. The legs were a little tired but a nice spin did my body good. Top it off with a beer and some friendly conversation and I can honestly say that this was the highlight of my week!

So if you made it all the way through this I applaud you. :) Dry topic I know but I needed to put it down on "paper" so to speak. On to Thursday's workout looking forward to the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. You are making such good progress!!!! Keep up the good work Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up...

    As you've seen from this training block we are weaning away from Lower Body weight lifting and shifting toward more endurance work. Which includes a Thursday run... go slow at the start and build into the intervals. Being that you are not a 'runner' we want to build up to the full 10 intervals in 20 minutes... if it takes some walking, do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you've inspired me to kick it up a notch! I still have 30 pounds to go myself so maybe we can keep each other going!

    ReplyDelete