Thursday, July 29, 2010

A great day

I wanted to do this last night when I got home from my Wednesday Night Ride with St. John Cycles but I was so exhausted that I had a snack and went to bed. Tired from working out hard and from pure excitment.

Yesterday I had a great day in the gym. The eliptical and I are becoming the best of friends. I did my 30 minutes then concluded with my upper body workout. The only thing that I would have changed was the atmosphere! The young guy next to me on the treadmill apparently was having a REALLLY good workout. He stunk! OMG it was awful. Now I ride with a bunch of guys. We all get hot and stinky but NONE of the men I ride with smell this bad. I swear he must have slept in those clothes that night before. Thank goodness he was almost done with his workout when I started mine. I don't think that I would have been able to handle it for very much longer. ;) Of course you all know that I smell like a fresh spring field when I am done working out. Never do I stink! LOL

Last night was a fantastic ride. So much fun! I knew that I was riding hard and felt great. I never really ever pay attention to the speeds we were going while on a ride. EXCEPT when I get dropped by the group. They just flat out left me off the back of the train when going around a corner. I was able to get out of the saddle and build my speed up to 23 but I still couldn't catch them. I was able to maintain a speed of 20mph all by my lonesome for about 2 miles. Oh well! I knew where I was going and I knew eventually I would catch back up to them. The best part of the ride was getting back to the truck and seeing that I had my fastest average ever (I averaged 18.7mph!!) and a top speed of 29mph. BIG smiles all around. I celebrated with a beer. ;) It tasted good.

Today is more running. My goal is to do at least 2 more intervals this week. I have been having a great week so far with my cardio so I know I can do this.

1 comment: