Thursday, January 6, 2011

I miss my bike

Got on my bike last night!!  It was really nice even though it was only on the trainer.  I felt awesome afterwards but during my legs were really getting tired.  It has been so long since I was on my bike that it was almost as if I had forgotten how to pedal.  I was able to make it 9 miles with a 17mph average.  Next time I will go for a longer distance at the same average.  It is much harder (in my opinion) to ride inside on a trainer.  Two reasons - no one to draft off of (yes I am a wheel sucker, I admit it) and you cannot stop pedaling.  When you are the only thing running the machine you cannot coast or you will stop the tires from spinning.  Which makes it much harder to get going again. 

I will pat myself on the back for even pulling the bike out and putting my shoes on.  Maybe one day soon I will be able to get out with a group and remember what it was like to ride in a paceline.  That would fantastic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment