Friday, January 7, 2011

Rest Day

It didn't start off that way but I took the day off from my workout yesterday.  I feel SOOOOO much better today.  The soreness is just about gone and I got a good night sleep last night.  I would say that I feel guilty about it but..... I really don't!  I have the gym for lunch on the agenda today and a jam packed weekend of exercise and family fun.  It is going to be the cold for us Floridians but it will be a good weekend to get outside and enjoy it. 

I ate really well yesterday too.  I felt full most of the day and that was just amazing.  I did have a sweet tooth craving yesterday afternoon (which is normal!) but thanks to the 7-eleven down the street from work I was able to purchase a Skinny Cow dessert and it fixed that.  Only 140 calories and 3.5 grams of fat.  It was cold and delish.  No candy bars for me Miss. Tina!  As much as you wanted me to get one. :D

I hope that everyone is having a great first week of 2011.  I know that we are for sure!  I am well on my way to conquering my goals this year.

ETA:  I have been asked to the 6 Gap Century in September?  Am I crazy for even considering it?!

4 comments:

  1. 6 gap? Yes, you're crazy!!! 3 gap? Still crazy, but not AS much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, seriously though, with the proper amount of commitment and regular riding, both are doable. I've done 3 gap three years. It's doable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lisa!! We shall see how I am feeling when the time comes for the actual ride. 3 Gap is for sure but 6 seems to be a bit of stretch for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm proud of you for having such a great week and for not giving in to my vile temptations! You know, rest is important to recovery... it's when you actually build the muscle (working out tears it down). Have you done a century before? My highest mileage ride was 75 and it kicked my butt.

    ReplyDelete